Thursday 26 July 2018

ubuntu - How to change the magnet uri handler in Google Chrome?


I removed the Transmission BitTorrent client from my Ubuntu and installed Deluge. Now magnet URIs don't work anymore. How to tell Chrome to launch the new app instead?



Answer



Try the following:


gconftool-2 -t string -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/magnet/command "/usr/bin/deluge '%s'"
gconftool-2 -t bool -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/magnet/needs_terminal false
gconftool-2 -t bool -s /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/magnet/enabled true

Change /usr/bin/deluge to the correct location for your system.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...