Tuesday 31 July 2018

openoffice - Linked code, syntax highlighting, frames, and captions


I would like to do the following:



  • Link to external source code file (for example a SQL script in ASCII format)

  • Automatically apply syntax highlighting to the imported text

  • Place the highlighted text inside a frame

  • Add a caption to the frame

  • Frame contents must always contain the contents of the external source


Is this possible? If so, how? I could not find any examples.


Thank you!



Answer



A work-around is to embed an image of the source code:


Convert HTML to image


From the OpenOffice users mailing list:



I expect that you will not find a fully automated working solution for your specific problem.


...


In a perfect world I suppose that you will setup a repository which you can then poll. Your document must then be set to update itself based on the files. Come to think of it, perhaps you can wet something so that the document can generate itself in some specified format. Seems doable if you have the skills.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...