Sunday 29 July 2018

windows 7 - Bank card-reader causing Outlook to prompt for card


Possible Duplicate:
Outlook is looking for a smart card



I have seen one such occurance of this problem but with no answer: Outlook is looking for a smart card


I am working on a machine that has a Barclays Business Banking card reader connected. Periodically (once very few minutes) asks for a smart card. If you cancel the request, it disconnects from exchange until you click Send/Receive > Type Exchange password & connect, however this doesn't fix it for long.


If the card reader (GemPC Pinpad USB Smart Card Reader) is connected the error reads


No valid certificates found. Check that the card is inserted correctly


If I have it disconnected, the error is


Insert a smart card


I have tried disabling encryption between Outlook and Exchange, and set authentication to NTLM to no avail. I have tried Setting up a new profile both with the card reader connected and disconnected.


My next step will be to uninstall the card reader and see if that stops the error, however if it does it's still no fix as the card reader is required.


How do I stop Outlook looking for certificates or credentials from a smartcard?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...