Monday 30 July 2018

internet explorer 11 - IE open different tabs depending on day of the week


When I open IE on different days of the week, I want different tabs to be opened automatically.


I have to run different reports for work each day of the week and it takes a lot of time to open the 5-10 tabs to run the reports. It would be a lot faster if, when I open IE, the tabs I needed would automatically be loaded and ready for me to use.


Is there a way to open 5-10 different tabs, in IE, depending on the day of the week?


Example:
Monday - 6 Accounting pages
Tuesday - 7 Billing pages
Wednesday - 5 HR pages
Thursday - 10 Schedule pages
Friday - 8 Work Summary/Order pages



Answer



Rather than trying the brute force method, how about a work around?


Open up each set of tabs either in different windows or one set at a time and save all tabs to bookmark folders. Put the folders on the bookmark toolbar for ease of access.


On each day, right-click on the folder and open all tabs with one click.


You could put all the day folders into a top-level folder to save space if you want at the expense of an extra click to get to them.


If you really must go further, you need to write a program or script to drive IE. The easiest way is probably to write a PowerShell script.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...