Tuesday 24 July 2018

How to find the build / version of Windows 10


During the beta of Windows 10 it was hard know what version you were running unless it had it posted to the desktop. Once that wasn't there - how do you tell what version / build you are running?


This will become more of an issue as Microsoft starts releasing more builds with the new update mechanism.



Answer



I have been asked this a few times so I thought I would post it. There are three ways.



  1. Run winver.exe

  2. Run ver.exe

  3. Check the registry


For more details look here: http://mythoughtsonit.com/2015/07/what-build-version-of-windows-10-am-i-running/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...