Tuesday 24 July 2018

drivers - Proxifier that supports UDP?



Im looking for a proxifier that forces all Windows traffic through a specific proxy. I have my own server so I can ultimately configure any type of proxy (Socks, HTTPS, etc) so thats not a problem, although HTTPS supported is preferred as I like squid.


One of the biggest problems I've been having is finding a proxy program that supports UDP connections. My favorite is probably Proxifier ( http://proxifier.com/ ) it works amazingly, but it doesn't support UDP for ANY type of proxy.


Specifically, I'm trying to get the proxy to work for my games (which obviously, use UDP)


Any type of injection proxy program will not work - I need one that redirects all general traffic using a network driver or similar. (unless you can guarantee that a similar injection program will work for most 99% of FPS games on the PC)



Answer



You can't proxy UDP, simply because unlike TCP, UDP is a connectionless protocol. A proxy relies on you making a connection to the proxy server, that proxy server making the request on your behalf, and then returning the data back to you.


What you need to do is rewrite the packets as they go through your firewall. NAT usually does this for you. Your firewall will also have to support SPI - Stateful Packet Inspection so it keeps a record of the UDP flow so that return traffic comes back to the right machine.


If you are unable to adjust the firewall that is between you and the internet then a VPN is by far the simplest way to go. There are many different ways to create a VPN using many different technologies. The right one depends entirely on a) what you are happy configuring, and b) what your firewall will allow through and c) What your client machine is capable of running.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...