Friday 27 July 2018

CPU and motherboard compatibility

I used CPU-Z to identify my socket and it said 479 mPGA. Also got chipset information and used intel site to check out compatible processors. Turns out a lot of processors were compatible with the chipset. Some a lot faster, but that doesn't mean the socket compatible does it?


I ordered a processor off the list anyway (was very cheap), but now I'm not sure if it's compatible with my socket. So I looked at my current processor and the compatible sockets and 479 mPGA wasn't there. Has CPU-Z messed up? The processor I ordered is intel core duo T8100 by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...