Tuesday 17 April 2018

macos - Safari keeps asking permission to access the keychain


Normally when I save a password in Safari it will get added to my login keychain without fuss (assuming that it is already unlocked). But after I set a a master password the default keychain was changed to FileVaultMaster. When I set it back to login Safari then started to always ask for permission to access the keychain.


To get it back to the default behavior should I chose always allow or is there something else I should do?



Answer



Yes, if you press Always Allow would put it back to it's default behaviour otherwise it will ask you to access the Keychain each time. By pressing Allow you tell the security system to allow Safari to access it once and only once, if you say Always Allow you say it can access it from now on until it is updated again. (Developers have an option to avoid this issue by signing their applications)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...