Friday 18 August 2017

macos - SSH won't work in new version of OS X 10.8.4


I was using a previous version of OS X and used to connected to a server with an SSH console. It used to run X11 after loading my requested programs (Mathematica) on the remote server and was working properly.


Recently I upgraded my Mac to the latest version (OS X 10.8.4) and SSH is now not loading the "X" anymore. I therefore access my requested programs from the remote server.


How can I fix the problem? I downloaded an extra version of X11 and installed it, but there were connection failures in the graphical interface. It was working with properly with X11 in the previous version.




Answer



Make sure to install XQuarts as mentioned by oozic.


Troubleshoot the connection by logging in with verbosity.


ssh -xvvv foo@bar  

Verify that you have the DISPLAY environment variable configured in your mac. Here is what mine looks like.


env | grep DISPLAY
DISPLAY=/tmp/launch-51CsPO/org.macosforge.xquartz:0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...