Sunday 20 August 2017

Change terminal colors when connecting to remote server, Linux


I have a habit of changing the terminal background to another color scheme when connected to a remote server. This prevents lots of theoretical, unfortunate mishaps.


Is there a way to change the desktop background automatically, preferably to a color different color scheme for each server? I use konsole, but willing to change a terminal emulator for this feature.


Thanks,


Udi



Answer



Hm, changing background colors could get messy, but changing the color of the prompt when you login to your remove server should be easy. Just add it to your .bashrc file.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...