Tuesday 18 September 2018

macos - Windows 8 will not install on my PC via USB, but will from my Laptop. Error code: 0xC00000005

So, I got a Windows 8 Pro iso and I wiped my laptop and desktop. I used a Macbook Pro and used bootcamp assistant to create a Windows 8 USB bootable drive. When I used it on my laptop, it worked fine and installed perfectly; however, when I use the USB drive on my desktop, the installation errors and fails at "Getting files ready for installation". I noticed that it consistently fails at 97%. It gives me Error code: 0xC0000005. I tried burning the iso to a DVD, but it fails at the same place every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...