Sunday 2 September 2018

bash - Website updating from git (over ssh)

I have a script that I run over SSH, which updates my website from a Git repo.


cd website-git
git checkout master
git pull

# Update protected directory
rsync -v -a --delete --exclude=db --exclude=vendor ./protected/ /home/protected

# Update public directory
rsync -v -a --delete --exclude=tmp --exclude=data ./public/ /home/public

It works fine, but the git repository has 150 MB and I pay for space used, so this is not a very good solution.


Apart from deleting the working copy (initially obtained with git clone) after taking the files form it, is there some way to save space with this setup?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...