Friday 1 February 2019

windows - Recover file corrupted due to power cut off


A file I was working on was corrupted (filename.css) due to power cutoff. The file size is same but when I open it with dreamweaver it show blank. If I open it with notepad++ it shows like this:


NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL NUL

How can I recover this file?



Answer



Well the obvious answer is that you recover the file from your latest backup, but I'm guessing that because your asking this question, you don't have one?


If that's the case, then your pretty limited in what you can do. If you have saving of previous versions turned on in Windows you may be able to load an older version by right clicking on the file, go to properties and look at previous versions.


However, more than likely you are going to have to accept that it is gone, learn your lesson and start doing regular backups.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...