Friday 1 February 2019

virtualbox - Removing libsqlite3-0 deletes Ubuntu


I have Ubuntu 13.04 in a Virtualbox, and getting


SQLite header and source version mismatch

In fact, for completeness, it's part of a wider problem with SVN, where svn update responds with


E200029: Couldn't perform atomic initialization svn
E200030: SQLite compiled for 3.7.15.2, but running with 3.6.23

I followed these instructions:


$apt-get purge libsqlite3-0

and got


After this operation, 994 MB disk space will be freed.

As I had taken a backup of my VM I said Yes, and it deleted almost all of Ubuntu (before then restoring the backup!). Is this a know bug? Or another issue?



Answer



This is probably "working as intended":


SQLite is a very common technology, and there are many, many programs which depend upon it. If you purge it from your system, then all the programs which require it will also be removed. I.e., if SVN requires SQLite and you remove SQLite, then SVN will also be removed. You need to install another version of or package which provides libsqlite3-0 before or at the same time as you remove libsqlite3-0 v3.6.23 to prevent this from happening.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...