Saturday 2 February 2019

microsoft excel 2010 - How to return values from one cell to multiple cells, each with diffrent length

I don't know where to begin, so...


ex.


<*cell* M8> 2x^2-10x+8=0 

What I've done so far in the cells: I4,J4,K4;


<*cell* I4>=LEFT(M8;1) returns the value 2

<*cell* J4>=MID(M8;5;3) returns the value -10

<*cell* K4>=MID(M8;10;1) returns the value 8

and so far, it’s correct! (that's the answers I look for)


But I want a more dynamic function:


ex.2


"But! if the cells M8 text, value, would be" -15x^2+101x-18=0 the left, mid-functions would not deliver the answers I would look for.


I’m looking for a function that can make all of this true (bad joke)



  • search"from left"stop before x^n return the value(-s) to designated cell (ex. I4)

  • search after x^n take all the values before x return the value(-s) to designated cell (ex. J4)

  • search after x take all the values before = return the value(-s) to designated cell (ex. K4)


(Sorry guys but I'm a noob so this is the best I could come up with!) Of Course...I know there is probably a ton of better solutions. Feel free to give them! I just don't know how to start or with function to begin with...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact&#39;s avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...