Friday 14 September 2018

windows - Use VPN only for certain domains/hostnames


I'm using OpenVPN on Windows with a TAP adapter.


I know you can specify a route to a specific ip address to go to your local internet connection. However it can't do the same for a hostname/domain.


Is there a way to keep my traffic on the VPN but route requests to www.google.com for example through my default gateaway at home (192.168.1.1 in my case)?


I was thinking that I could set 127.0.0.1 www.google.com in my HOSTS file and run a local apache and deal with a ruleset in there, but I'd rather not have to run a local webserver/proxy if there is another way I don't know about.



Answer



You can specify a route to a host name only if you use --allow-pull-fqdn details can be found in The OpenVPN Manual


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...