Saturday 1 September 2018

sata - New hard disk making noise


I bought a 250GB SATA Seagate hard disk 15 days ago for 70 $ . After formatting for 2 times [I had to for faulty installation] the disk read/write speed have dropped significantly. It's also making the clicking sound, and the systems gets freeze for 1-2 second ! But it works [till now no BSOD or system restart] What's the problem with the disk ? I've tried



  • Stellar Smart (Early Disk Warning System)

  • Disk Check up

  • MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition

  • Crystal disk info

  • HD Tune

  • Sea tools [both the windows and CD]


But none of these shows any error on any of these disk. so what can be the problem ? I checked the EVENT VIEWER it shows something like this DISK ERROR WHILE WRITING PAGING INFORMATION ....


I've a 8yr old SEAGATE PATA 80GB hard disk which have been formatted approx 80+ times, but 1 month ago it started showing BSOD, But if i unplug and plug again the disk it works perfectly.


What should i do ? I tried some software, windows and have also bought a disk And now i cant buy another new disk [with these high market price :(] & giving it for replacement will take month or months :'(


250 gb new SATA Disk


80 gb old PATA disk



Answer



Spin retry count is a measure of how your drive is doing coming up to speed. Increased count shows that something in the subsystem is not allowing the spindle motor to come up to speed in the allotted time.


You have something that is affecting both drives in coming up to speed. Which immediately makes me think of things that two drives would have in common, such as power supplies.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...