Tuesday 4 September 2018

popups - Why am I seeing ads on websites including Wikipedia?


I was reading about hash functions on Wikipedia when this ad popped up. I was appalled and flabbergasted and annoyed to find advertisements akin to this one dotting my article like sprinkles on a cupcake.


Annoying popups appear after you hover over them.


Annoying ads on Wikipedia


I now notice that these ads are appearing on any web page I visit including Superuser.


Why? How can I get rid of them?




By the way, these ads have the very gall to surface on Superuser, as seen here: Ads on superuser



Answer



This is usually caused by "malicious" extensions, and removing the extension will normally solve the problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...