Thursday 20 September 2018

partitioning - HP Elitebook 8570w custom boot logo


I'm trying to get a custom boot logo to work, but I have to place it on the HP_Tools partition. I cannot see this partition, neither from Windows' partition manager and from EaseUS Partition Master.


How do I get my custom boot logo to work?


I already know the requirements for the image:



  • .jpg file format

  • Resolution range between 424 x 320 pixels and 1024 x 768 pixels

  • File size maximum of 32 kilobytes

  • Maximum of 16 million colors


Can anyone help me?



Answer



How to get the boot logo working (how I did it):



  • Verify that you have a HP_TOOLS partition, see NikolaD's answer how to do so.

  • If not, use the following install program to create the partition (sp60844.exe) http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?swItem=ob-116962-1&ac.admitted=1381442205113.876444892.492883150

  • Another way (not verified myself) is to create the partition yourself. It should be called 'HP_TOOLS' without the quotes, 2 gigabytes and formatted as FAT32.

  • The logo should be at most 1024x768 pixels, jpg format, at most 32 kilobytes in size.

  • Save the boot-logo to HP_TOOLS/Hewlett-Packard/Logo/Hplogo.jpg - where HP_TOOLS is the root of the HP_TOOLS partition.

  • Reboot the laptop, go to the BIOS via F12 → System Configuration → Custom Logo → Enabled (might be blocked by other BIOS settings) → Save and exit.

  • Reboot and you will see your custom boot logo.


This works for my HP Elitebook 8570w, but I cannot guarantee it will work for every Elitebook.


Sources:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...