Saturday 15 September 2018

macos - Restoring Mac-BootCamp-Windows-partition image to Windows machine

I'm running Windows XP SP3 on my Mac using Boot Camp.


Objective:
I'd like to move this partition to a Windows machine.


This is what I tried:
1. Create image using Winclone
2. Restore drive to disk partition on Windows machine using Paragon
3. Reboot from new partition


Results:
It attempts to boot in XP (Windows flag and progress bar load screen) but then gives me the old BSOD. Safe mode just hangs while loading.


(I then uninstalled KB977165 on a hunch, but that did nothing to help the issue.)


Any ideas, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...