Wednesday 5 September 2018

fonts - Changing furigana in Word 2011 for Mac


I've finished typing a document in Word and when I printed it I realized that the furigana is way too small for easy reading.


Is there a way to globally change the size of all furigana for a complete document or a section? The only way I can do it so far is to change one by one!



Answer



There is no straight way of adjusting the size of all the furiganas in a document. But there is a way.


Let's say you have the following text with furigana.



漢字(かんじ)のふりがなを調整(ちょうせい)します。



Press Option+F9, or go into Preferences > View and check the Show > "Field code" box. Then you'll see the text transformed to:



{ eq * jc2 * "Font:MS 明朝" * hps12 \o\ad(\s\up 11(かんじ),漢字)}のふりがなを{ eq * jc2 * "Font:MS 明朝" * hps12 \o\ad(\s\up 11(ちょうせい),調整)}します。



This is how Word stores markup information for each furigana. What we're interested in is the hps12 bit: it specifies the size of the furigana. If you replace it with hps20:



{ eq * jc2 * "Font:MS 明朝" * hps20 \o\ad(\s\up 11(かんじ),漢字)}のふりがなを{ eq * jc2 * "Font:MS 明朝" * hps20 \o\ad(\s\up 11(ちょうせい),調整)}します。



and press Option+F9 again:



漢字(かんじ)のふりがなを調整(ちょうせい)します。



the size of the furigana should be adjusted. As far as I've experimented, hps12 corresponds to a font size of 6pt, and hps20 to 10pt.


Note: on Windows, the shortcut for toggling field code is Alt+F9.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...