Monday 2 April 2018

Windows 7 File Explorer search not working


I can't use the Windows 7 File Explorer search successfully. If I enter a search string, for instance car in the search box, I just get No files found, despite obviously having several files that match the string (blue_cars.jpg, carrot.gif) in the current folder. I have edited the search options so that both file names and contents are searched, even if they are not indexed.


What am I doing wrong here?



Answer



I think you search some thing that windows 7 indexing not working on it. Go to the control panelindexing optionsSelect Modify and select any location for indexing because windows explorer use indexing to find data on the computer.


I recommended to use Total Commander as file manager that has many many features specially great file search tool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...