Tuesday 17 April 2018

windows 7 - Can I fix the MBR using a 1 year old MBR Backup?

I've got a secondary HDD that failed. It looks like it was the MBR. Unfortunately the backup service I was using doesn't backup Virtual Disks (despite saying they "backup all files" so I lost some important Vms.


I do have an older backup of that HDD. It doesn't have the Vms but it has the MBR (Master Book Record). I'm not sure how often that MBR changes and, thus, whether the old MBR would work.


SYMPTOMS


The old HDD is not even come up on a new PC (connected via adapter to USB). Windows reports that it needs to be formatted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...