Monday 2 April 2018

windows 10 - Remove Cortana from start menu

so i've been trying to remove the cortana Icon from the start menu for a while now but haven't been successful yet. How do you guys do it?


This is the current look


All i want to do is remove/hide the Cortana Icon, not remove it's search functionality.


I Already tried by renaming the Cortana Folder in %SystemRoot%\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy


This only broke the search functionality but didn't remove the Icon from the start menu.


I also read about moving the %UserProfile%\AppData\Local\TILEDATALAYER folder but it's been deprecated in 1709.


Is there really not a single way to do this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...