Sunday 1 April 2018

linux - Make grub keep its default boot under kernel updates

I dual-boot my machine and I want it to default to boot into windows so that whenever I restart the machine remotely from my home it will be able to get back into Windows (instead of Ubuntu).


The problem is that every time Ubuntu upgrades the kernel, I have to reset the default boot item of grub back to windows. This is because the grub menu loader uses positions i.e. 6 for default OS to boot. And when Ubuntu installs a new kernel it changes that order.


I am looking for a way to configure grub to remember its default boot item under kernel updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...