Friday 20 April 2018

linux - Connecting a MIDI Controller to CentOS5

Edit: I'm trying a different tack at the problem, by using /dev/midi with C.


Hello all! I recently got a Akai MPD24 MIDI controller, as part of a piece of software I'm writing. I'm looking to use the dials on it to control the view of an OpenGL window. I've already got the OpenGL part working with GTK+ sliders, so the only problem is getting the MIDI device set up.


I found the OSS MIDI libraries, and it appears that they are working correctly, but for some reason it can't probe it correctly.


dmesg output:


...
usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 2
usb 3-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
usb 3-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Reinsert of an audioctl device 1/0 - USB sound device
oss_usb: probe of 3-1:1.1 failed with error -5
...

Has anyone been able to use a MIDI device through Linux, or have any idea as to what the mysterious "error -5" is?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...