Thursday 19 April 2018

How do I remove my name from the top right corner of Chrome?


Apparently Chrome updated again and decided to put my name in the top right corner. I don't want to uninstall my "profile" (synched with my Google account)—is there a way to remove the name from the top corner (or to replace it with an image) without damaging my sync settings?


Update: Now appears as a profile icon in Chrome 69



Answer



I used to workaround SO's comment limitation with the \u200b trick. Seems that it works just fine with Chrome's avatar menu.



  • Open up devtools (⋮ [More Options] > More Tools > Developer Tools)

  • On the Console tab, run copy('\u200b') to copy a blank space to your clipboard

  • Click on the avatar menu, edit the name, paste from the clipboard


Done.


Gone... long gone...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...