Tuesday 3 April 2018

google chrome - Select only the path component of url (similar to command + L)


Is there a way to select only the path component of an url, similar to how command + L select the entire url?



domain.com/[my/awesome/path]



I want to select only the section in brackets.



Answer



Update: The extension below was updated and renamed to Template which seems to provide what you were looking for.




I forked NeoCotic's URL-Copy Chrome extension and reprogrammed it to add another option.


It now has the option to just copy the path:


enter image description here


... which does exactly what you need. So, for example, http://superuser.com/questions/276362/ is copied as questions/276362/.


In order to install it, you must



  • download the prebuilt ZIP file and unzip it somewhere

  • Go to the Wrench menu - Tools - Extensions

  • Click the Developer sign in the upper right corner

  • Click Load unpacked extension... and select the unzipped folder:


enter image description here


Et voila! It's still far from perfect, but I'll contact the developer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...