Monday 5 February 2018

windows 7 - SSD is detected under Win8 and in BIOS SATA Config but not in boot menu

I've got the following issue: My new SSD I put in my Asus N56VJ for the CD drive is detected and working under Win8. In the BIOS menu under SATA-Configuration it's listed as well.


But it is not listed as a bootable device. I only see my USB CD drive and two times the Windows Boot manager pointing to the same device (I guess my HDD).


Any ideas what I can do about it? BIOS is up-to-date.


I only play around in the BIOS because Windows Installer is telling me that I can't install Win7 on the SSD because it's not bootable and when I just try it I get an error on Bootup about a wrong/damaged startup file...


Edit:


When I try to install Windows 7 via Windows 8 (I open the CD), I get the following info when trying to select my SSD:


Windows cannot be installed on this hard drive. The partition is a microsoft reserved (msr) partition


Any ideas why or how I can fix this? Is this related to my issue?


Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...