Tuesday 6 February 2018

Duplicate Windows 7 User Profile to a new user

Is there a way in Windows 7 to copy all Windows user profile information (especially desktop and UI settings, including profile picture) from an existing Windows user to a brand new user.


So let's say I have a user named USER1 and I want to create a new user named USER2 who can logon and have exactly the same user experience and priviledges (ie member of the same User Group), is there a way to do this? If possible I would prefer to not use a tool that I need to install and be something I can do through the native OS (this is a restrictive environment so anything external and not approved will be a problem).


I can't seem to find an obvious way to do this but I have no problem with copying or editing registry settings if that's what it takes.


This is on a standalone system that is not a member of a domain.


Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...