Sunday 4 February 2018

Windows 7 notification area settings are locked

I have an administrator account on this Windows 7 Enterprise x64 machine.


Windows 7 notification area settings are locked. If I right click on the system tray (where the clock is) and click on 'Customize notification icons', the screen that pops up has all the notification icon options disabled so I can't change them. Also at the top it says 'Some settings are managed by your system administrator. Why can't I change some settings?'


If you click on that 'Why can't I change some settings?' hyperlink a help window pops up saying to check the group policy settings. So I open the policy editor and peruse to: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar


But all the policies there are 'Not configured'...so I'm assuming that's not the prob? Or I'm looking in the wrong place?


Any ideas how I can unlock the notification icon options?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...