Saturday 17 February 2018

How to make a folder read-only in Windows?

So I want to prevent myself writing into some files into folder. I always works with back_up folders in which I compare, transfer data to target projects. The problem is that sometimes on mistake I edit the Back-Up files. Is there any way I can deny the edit/write permission for myself? I don't want files to be renamed/deleted. Setting the folder read only flag is something that does absolutely nothing - after that I can edit/delete files with no problem again (at least in Win 8.1). This is very important for me - because for now I've corrupted many back_up files that way and this give me a lot of trouble. Any ideas?


I'm running latest version of Windows 8.1 x64.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...