Saturday 3 February 2018

colors - How to select ALL DELETED (or ALL ADDED) text (track change) in MS Word 2016

it is a variation of question MS Word: How do I format all change tracked text at once?


I am finding difficulty in working with the colors given in MS Word (I am at 2016) for track change. The colors are so few, and are so dim or otherwise obscure that track changed deleted/ added text doesn't pop out at screen to catch my attention. Often small sized characters (like . , ; a) are so small that there addition/ deletion goes unnoticed as they are not visible so well and I end up leaving them unattended. underline _ or dash - or separation char – are further problem, because they are used as the style of deletion/ addition in trackchange and if that very character was there and is deleted, or was not there and is added, it is just impossible to figure out because that char then have two meanings.


I have given different colors to addition (red) and to deletion (blue) so it is slightly better, but these are so dull colors that they still fail to catch attention.


I want to select all deleted text in one go and highlight it with (say) yellow, I want to select all added text in one go and highlight it with (say) green, I think then it just can't go unnoticed.


I have explored STYLES but couldn't figure out any category for track changed text.


How to select ALL DELETED text and then ALL ADDED text (track change) in one go in MS Word 2016 (w8) to do the above?


Thanks.


added


On This page, you will find several macros, that go to each track-changed text/ phrase one by one. These macros are extracting track changed text to excel or word files or just displaying on screen. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-word/possible-to-export-word-track-changes-information/e0dee9dc-aedb-41d3-92bf-8dc609cc75af?db=5&auth=1


I don't know so much vba, can someone take any macro from there and modify so that it goes only to all added and/ or all deleted track-change text one by one, and then just change the color or highlight or whatever.


Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...