Sunday 3 February 2019

printer - Cleaning Canon's print head tips


Printer in question: Canon Pixma iP3300 ... a relatively low grade model printer (otherwise, I wouldn't be doing something like this), has a removable print head, and 4 cartridges that fit inside (C, M, Y, Black)


And one of the colours (cyan) is printing badly ... I tried most combinations of software features related to cleaning (regular clean, deep clean and the like) but to no avail. And since the local service is not working for a month or so (organizational restructuring, two companies merging ... temporarily, but that doesn't help me) I'm forced to try to clean it myself.


So, I'm here looking for tips. What would be the best way to do it ?
(wash it up, leave it in soaking water, some special fluids (alcohol ?) ... I'd like to do the job done somewhat economically reasonable so ...). I know most of you don't have this model at disposal, but doesn't matter ... the principles are the same ... I'll take any ideas you can give.


The cyan in question is not completely blocked, but it prints significantly worse then it used to ... the lines are intermitted, the colour is fatigue ...



Answer



Just spray some bathroom cleaner on a kitchen towel and touch the print head on to the kitchen towel.


If you want to run a cleaning solution through the print head use something less aggressive like isopropyl alcohol or distilled water.


You can also spray some bathroom cleaner onto a sheet of thick paper and run it through the feeder to get rid of any muck on the print rollers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...