Sunday 3 February 2019

macos - Spotlight doesn't solve math operations any more


It used to be that Spotlight would figure out math operations for me (for example, if I typed 5 + 3, the first Spotlight result, before any located files or other search results, would be the answer). For the last few weeks, it hasn't anymore - if I type a math operation, it just finds a bunch of documents.


I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.7. UPDATE: So far I've tried, based on the suggestions below:



  • Deleting the Spotlight preferences.

  • Setting defaults write com.apple.spotlight CalculationEnabled -bool YES

  • Opening up the Calculator app and confirming that it's still in its default location.

  • Forcing Spotlight to reindex my hard drives.

  • Re-installing the 10.5.7 combo update.

  • Rebooting after each of the above.


Unfortunately, nothing has worked - Spotlight still doesn't solve the operations.



Answer



Installing Snow Leopard fixed the problem - hopefully it doesn't recur, since I never figured out what caused it in the first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...