Sunday 14 October 2018

windows 7 - Dell Studio 1555 upgrade to ssd, but cd-drive doesn't work

I have a 3½ year old Dell Studio 1555, that I'm trying to upgrade. I've decided to install a 120 or 200gb SSD harddrive, this seems pretty straight forward - so this is not my headache. The diskdrive on the laptop broke about a year ago, when I insert discs it sounds like the arm is moving in a repeating pattern and nothing else happens - I can eject the disc though.


If I buy a SSD harddrive then how do I install Win7 from my reinstallation win7 dvd that I got when buying the laptop?


I'm thinking external diskdrives, maybe via usb - but I actually have no clue if it'll work. Has anyone got any ideas here? - I can't be the only one with no disc drive that has to reinstall a harddrive.


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...