Sunday 14 October 2018

NGINX, FastCGI PHP with FTP Access, How to setup users/permissions?

I have been playing around with Ubuntu, NGINX, PHP, etc. recently.


I want to be able to setup FTP and user(s) ... the problem I am having is that FastCGI PHP runs under www-data (user) but when logged in via FTP via a general user account (farinspace) The files are written using farinspace as owner/group ...


currently I am using vsftpd but think pureftp will fit the bill better for auto setting file permissions on upload.



What is the best way to properly setup FTP, be able to have multiple FTP user accounts and properly/securely set file permission for the users, while allowing PHP to have full read/write access to the files/directories created by an FTP user?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...