Friday 12 October 2018

Locked out of Windows 10: login no longer shows Administrator, but only an account that I never used


I downloaded and updated my Windows 7 pro to Windows 10 today. I had two user accounts in Windows 7 before update; Administrator and Ritesh. I never used Ritesh account, so over the time I even forgot that I had this account, and now I don't remember its password. After update to Windows 10, I can see only Ritesh user in login screen. I tried several combination, but they didn't work. I tried going into safe mode, but again it shows only Ritesh user. Setup didn't ask for Microsoft Account during installation, but I did reserve the update using Microsoft Account.


My USB ports are not working so only option I have is CD/DVD recovery.


I tried Reset option as well, but it also asks for Ritesh account verification.


How can I log in using Administrator account as I do remember this account's password?



Answer



For those who are looking for answers:


I followed this video until Command Prompt after login screen (5:05). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dfEd4HZyV4


Then executed this command in opened command prompt.


c:\>net user Administrator /active:yes

And then restart the system. After reboot, it showed Administrator account and I am able to login. Don't forget to rename the executables back to their original form.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...