Friday 12 October 2018

bios - Unable to correctly activate or use virtualization on Asus Vivobook X505ZA with Ryzen 5 2500U CPU for Android Studio

I need to enable hardware virtualization on Asus Vivobook X505ZA with Ryzen 5 2500U CPU in order to have Android Studio 3.5.1 run Virtual devices.


I have tried this...


How to enable hardware virtualization on AMD Asus motherboard


...but the option mentioned in the answer does not appear Asus Bios Without SVM AMD-V option


I have also checked that the bios is up to date, and I have the same last version 311 https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-VivoBook-15-X505ZA/HelpDesk_BIOS/


The support for virtualization over AMD in Android Studio is mentioned here https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/07/09/android-studio-device-emulator-now-works-amd-processors-hyper-v/


And even when in the Bios is the setting is not shown, it seems that virtualization is already working


enter image description here


But when I try to create a new Android Virtual Device the error still appears enter image description here


It seems to me that I might be missing something very obvious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...