Saturday 3 February 2018

windows - MSE v2.0.657.0 (latest) install error 0x80070643

I am having tremendous issues installing the latest version of MSE. The error dialog I am getting during the installation can be observed on the following image:


enter image description here


OS: Windows XP Home Edition SP3 with all of the latest updates.


I have practically performed every step mentioned in various tutorials on solving the issue, however, with no avail.


I get this when installing Windows Update Agent ("WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe"):


enter image description here


I already have the latest v. of Windows Installer:


enter image description here


Please, find the install error logs here (all in one file):


EppSetup.log
MSSecurityClient_Setup_dw20shared_Install.log
MSSecurityClient_Setup_dw20shared_Uninstall.log
MSSecurityClient_Setup_epp_Install.log
MSSecurityClient_Setup_epp_Uninstall.log
MSSecurityClient_Setup_mp_ambits_Install.log

MSE_INSTALL_ERROR_LOGS


Another thing to note is that, somehow, when launching MRT – nothing happens, I don't get any visible window or anything and Windows Update always tries to offer the same version of MRT over and over (and seems to succeed in installation, but with another check it offers the same v. again).


Would be of great help if someone could assist me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...