Friday 2 February 2018

windows - Copy files with partial resume support? (Win/Cygwin)


Just curious if anyone knows of a tool that'll copy files, and should the file get interrupted, have it resume where it's left off the next time it's invoked.


I'm basically trying to copy something over samba using an unreliable WiFi connection. Ideally I'd like something like wget or axel that works over samba/file system. Cygwin or Windows solutions would be ideal.



Answer



rsync will do this for you, over a samba share or over SSH. See man rsync on your system for the gory details. rsync is available as a Cygwin package.


Use -P or --partial for resuming an interrupted transfer.


There are lots of rsync questions already on this site; see https://superuser.com/questions/tagged/rsync for examples of how others are using it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...