Monday 5 February 2018

windows 8 - Is there any way to skip the start menu and go straight to the desktop (without disabling Modern UI)?


Possible Duplicate:
How can I have Windows 8 go to the desktop by default?



I'm not looking to disable the modern UI, I just want to go straight to the desktop after logging in, rather than the Start menu screen. Is this possible?


Again, I do not want to disable/replace the modern UI. I just want to be able to see the desktop immediately upon login.


To clarify, the main use case I have right now is automation clients connected to a KVM. We can auto-login, but seeing the modern UI when I toggle the KVM to the Windows 8 systems is not very useful as I want to see what's running on the desktop. We disable auto-locking, so the fact that the systems would go back to the modern UI is not an issue. I just want to be able to see the desktop without having to interact with a keyboard/mouse on the KVM/system.


Because we want to test our software on Windows 8, we don't want to disable the Modern UI (which most client systems will probably be running), and ideally, would like to avoid third party software, staying reasonably close to a default Windows installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...