Sunday 4 February 2018

ubuntu - Unable to have a system-wide email


My uni has a setting which puts my email address to all programs which I use. I would like to have a similar setting for me.


For instance, I cannot remember how to set up an email address to mutt. I would like to have a system-wide setting which gives my email address for mutt.


How can you set up a system-wide email address in Ubuntu?



Answer



Do you perhaps mean your user account email, so that applications automatically pick up your user's email address by default?


If so, check System -> Preferences -> About Me, and set your default user email address in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...