Saturday 17 February 2018

taskbar - Closing programs with middle-click in windows 7/10


Is this possible? I want to close programs in the taskbar with middle-click, like tabs in firefox. The best approach I have so far is waiting for the mini-view that pops up when you point with the mouse in the taskbar and then middle-clicking there, but I would like to close them directly.



Answer



7 Taskbar Tweaker (source-code) allows closing windows by middle-clicking the taskbar, as well as some other stuff like "ungrouping" taskbar items.


Now I don't miss the pre-Windows 7 feature where I could CTRL-click multiple windows from the taskbar and close them all at once. Middle clicking is actually faster and I very rarely want to start a new instance by middle-clicking or use those jump lists (I got the standard menu back^^).




update: The 7 Taskbar Tweaker site doesn't play nice with some foreign IP addresses (returns 403:Forbidden). Download 7 Taskbar Tweaker v3.3.2 from a mirror.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...