Monday 12 February 2018

linux - Use USB numeric keypad with phone-like typing?


I have USB numeric keypad like this:


enter image description here


I need to write chars (A to Z) on this keyboard, and so my idea is to use it like on old cell phone:


enter image description here


If I press 1x 2 it writes A, 2x 2 - B, 4x 9 - Z, etc.


Is possible to do it? And how? Using udev?



Answer



Solution is use multipress input method.


In app is need to set multipress input method manually. If you want have multipress as default you need to create file /.xinputrc with content:


GTK_IM_MODULE=multipress
QT_IM_MODULE=multipress

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...