Friday 9 February 2018

linux - ubuntu 64 or 32 bit for macbook/vps?


i've got macbook pro and wonder if i should use 64 or 32 bits ubuntu server?


and then i've got a vps not hosted by med. how do i know what version to choose?


how do you check how many bits your cpu i working with?


can i use 64 on 32 and vice versa?



Answer



If you have a new macbook or any other that has "Intel Core 2 Duo" processor, your macbook has 64 bits processor.(See "System Profiler" > Hardware > Processor Name)


You can install any 32 bits OS(also Ubuntu 64) on any 64 bits Macbook's processor(not shore about others).


You CAN'T install any 64 bits OS on any 32 bits processor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...