Saturday 10 February 2018

linux - SSH tunneling for bypassing firewall (http and socks)

I'm having problems setting up the following:


I am on Linux on machine LOCAL (my notebook).


I ssh into a company machine REMOTE which is behind a firewall and ONLY allows incoming ssh connections (port 22), no outbound connections whatsoever. I do have full root access on both, LOCAL and REMOTE, REMOTE is however a VPS and behind a hardware firewall.


I now need network access on REMOTE (HTTP and other protocols) for downloading and building some software. I also need to access to NON HTTP protocols such as git.


I was hoping to set up a reverse SSH tunnel for using my LOCAL machine, where I could be running a socks server. So that network access on REMOTE would be redirected over the SSH tunnel to a socks server running on machine LOCAL.


How would I go about setting something like this up?


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...