Saturday 3 February 2018

Bash History-like feature for Windows Command Prompt


I'm looking for a Command Prompt alternative that supports handy features of Linux Terminal, like



  • Keeping history of Commands and accessing them using Up-Arrow key.

  • Logging commands in the file (like: .bash_history).

  • Ability to resize command window.

  • Allowing to use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V to copy/paste content.


I went through Console, but I wonder if it supports anything beyond tweaking its UI. I'm more expecting the prompt to keep history of commands so that I don't have to enter them every time.



Answer



It is quite an old Question, and still remains the same until I recently found a great command prompt alternative called ConEmu.


enter image description here


It supports wide array of features like, tabs, auto-restoring sessions on restart, Power Shell integration, and main thing, History of commands. Although it still doesn't support file-based history (thus history is lost on restart), but being an Open Source tool, I'm planning to add that support (unless Windows 10 command prompts delivers all the promises I saw in preview). Thanks everyone who answered.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...