Wednesday 10 October 2018

wireless networking - Can I choose WiFi over Ethernet LAN?




Possible Duplicate:
Automatically prefer Ethernet over WLAN



I sit in an office environment with LAN, the LAN cable is always plugged into my machine, so by default all traffic is routed via the wired network. Traffic on the network is limited to specific sites only.


On the other hand we have a WiFi router in the office for developers, so as soon as you want to access anything that is blocked, you simply enable your WiFi and disconnect your LAN cable.


I would like to avoid getting under the table and unplug my LAN cable every time I switch on the WiFi.


Can I set up my WiFi to take priority, for example, if I leave my LAN cable plugged in, and switch on my WiFi, all traffic is now routed via WiFi instead of wired network?


I know there is a priority setting on network device properties, but it doesn't seem to take effect, the wired connection always takes preference.



Answer




  1. Click the Start Button

  2. Right Click "Network" and then left Click Properties

  3. From the "Network And Sharing Center" window click "Change Adapter Settings"

  4. On the "Network Connections" window, press the ALT + F key on your keyboard to being up the menu bar

  5. Click the "Advanced" menu and then "Advanced Settings"

  6. In the "Advanced Settings" window you will see the "Adapters and Bindings" tab and under "Connections" you will see the order they are in, you can use the arrows to the side to move the connection priority up and down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...