Thursday 11 October 2018

Windows 10 doesn't sleep

So, it's been a while since I had this issue and now it's getting even worse, as hitting Suspend button just takes me to lockscreen.


Here's what powercfg says about my system (it's Italian but I think it's easy to understand):



C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /lastwake


Conteggio cronologia riattivazioni - 1


Cronologia riattivazioni [0] Conteggio origine riattivazione - 0



As you can see there's no reason to wake up, and it's always like this (even before today's issue of going just to lockscreen).


So I tried to see which requests have been issued (again Italian, added a rough translation near each string):



C:\Windows\system32>powercfg /requests


DISPLAY: Nessuna (None).


SYSTEM:


[DRIVER] \FileSystem\srvnet Un client remoto attivo ha recentemente inviato richieste a questo computer. (An active remote client sent requests to this computer)


AWAYMODE: Nessuna.


ESECUZIONE: Nessuna.


PERFBOOST:


[DRIVER] Chiamante kernel legacy (Legacy kernel callee)



While the PERFBOOST one is quite random, the srvnet under SYSTEM is almost always there.


From my understanding this is related to home groups and media sharing, and here comes the funny part: I'm NOT into any HomeGroup, nor I do have WMP sharing enabled.


So, after following countless threads suggesting to disable things that I already had disabled, I've found out about overriding and I used this command:



powercfg /requestsoverride DRIVER srvnet System



But, well, it didn't work at all and now even hibernation feels broken.


Can you guys please help me fixing this? It's so frustrating!


EDIT:


I forgot to mention that I already disabled wakeup for my network card, disabled wakeup timers from power management and I even disabled wakeup from UEFI settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where does Skype save my contact's avatars in Linux?

I'm using Skype on Linux. Where can I find images cached by skype of my contact's avatars? Answer I wanted to get those Skype avat...